Dippity Do Da, Dippity Dips…
I’m sure we are all familiar with Flo, the Progressive Insurance spokes character. She strikes me as a simple gal. One that enjoys the fun things in life. One that isn’t afraid to smile and be blissful. She also strikes me as a dip lover. Those simple yet elegant dips that we can all make very easily. I thought to myself, “Myself, why not make a few different dips and have a simple, blissful, Flo’y Christmas Eve dinner?” So, that is what I did. I hunted down recipes that seemed simple, yet elegant. Well, as elegant as your simple basic dip can get. Below, I have all four recipes I used. I served mixed fresh veggies and a variety of crackers to dip. Not many pictures you guys. But, you can see how I used my labels for identifying the dips. Not very fancy, but at least everyone knew what they were eating…
My recommendations for a couple of the contents below…I always use Daisy Light Sour Cream, and I always use Duke’s Mayonnaise (it’s a southern thing I think). I feel most everything else is interchangeable with store brands.
Onion Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 package Lipton onion soup
- 1 1/2 pints sour cream
- 1 large package cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cream the cheese; stir in the sour cream and seasonings. Add soup mix. Combine well. Thin with extra cream if necessary.
Christmas Confetti Dip
- 1 cup fat-free or reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons dry ranch-style salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
Combine sour cream and dressing mix in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in chopped vegetables; cover. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours for flavors to blend.
Cucumber Pecan Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
- black pepper & salt, to taste
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce, opt.
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Blend in the remaining ingredients and allow to chill for several hours to allow for the flavors to develop.
Ranch Sour Cream Dip
(the easiest dip ever)
- 1 envelope of Ranch Dip Mix
- 1 large container of sour cream
Mix together and enjoy!