It’s almost here!!! World Nutella Day is only 2 days away!!! So excited! Why am I so excited? Because Nutella is some gooooood stuff. Like a sweet nectar from the Hazelnut Gods! Ok, I will stop ending my sentences with so much excitement….but, I can’t help it!! I love to throw parties, and I love to prepare for them, and I love Nutella!!!
At the time you are reading this, I am most likely busy preparing for Saturday. I am writing this on Sunday, and scheduling it to post today, so that you have something wonderful to try come Saturday to celebrate with us.
Sometimes simplicity outweighs desires. I desired to make “from-scratch” brownies, but simplicity on a lazy Sunday afternoon won out. I decided to make these into finger shapes, instead of squares. They look more fun that way, and it almost gives the illusion that you can eat more than just one and not feel guilty…ha!
Give these a try for World Nutella Day, Saturday, February 5, 2011.
Nutella Brownie Fingers
- 1 box of your favorite Brownie mix
- 1 cup of Nutella
- Preheat oven to temperature directed on Brownie mix box.
- Mix together Brownie mix as directed on package.
- A little tip I learned while reading World Nutella Day recipes: spray your baking dish with cooking spray, line it with parchment paper, and then spray the parchment paper again…this way, you will be able to lift them out of the dish after they cool without losing any of the yummy bottom part of the brownies.
- Pour half of the Brownie batter into the baking dish. To make the Brownie Fingers, use a larger baking dish. I used a 9×13.
- Drizzle half a cup of Nutella evenly on top of the first half of Brownie batter.
- Pour the remaining amount of Brownie batter on top of the Nutella layer.
- Drizzle the other half a cup on top of the second half of the Brownie batter.
- Bake according to directions on the box.
- Consume and smile.