Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissant Roll – How can you miss with this one?
I never feel like I have told you enough about the wonders of the croissant roll. They are endlessly diverse masterpieces that can forever change the way you look at meals. I love love love putting things in them and rolling them up for a nice bake in the oven. The creativity never stops flowing with these!
This past Saturday morning I put together this little gem of a recipe. If you enjoy easy prep breakfast, this recipe is for you.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissant Roll
- 1 tube of croissant rolls or a tube of a croissant sheet
- 8 pieces of pre-cooked bacon (I just cooked mine fresh that morning.)
- 4 eggs or egg whites (cooked, scrambled)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more if you like it really cheesy like we do)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper or grease pan so roll does not stick.
- Lay the croissant dough out flat on the pan, and press perforations together to seal the dough if using the rolls tube.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the dough.
- Spread the cooked eggs over the cheese.
- Place the bacon on top of the eggs. Feel free to crumble it up if you would like.
- Begin at one end and roll up like a swiss cake roll (sorry, best analogy I could think of right now *smiles*).
- Once all the way rolled up – trust me this is the frustrating part keeping everything from falling apart, but well worth it – place in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and slice according to the thickness of the roll you want. Enjoy!