A Simple Savory Saturday Veggie Quesadilla
I don’t know about you guys, but I enjoy a simple Saturday. You work all week, and sometimes it’s just nice to do something for yourself…relax. *relaxing sigh*
Along with relaxing Saturdays comes relaxing food. I’m not the one that enjoys a lot of food prep on Saturdays for lunch, but I do enjoy a tasty meal…with minimal food prep.
Today, I made Veggie Quesadillas. This isn’t like crazy-stuffed veggie quesadillas with everything under the sun…it’s simple. Remember what I said about relaxing?
It was a great combination, and it is quite a common combination. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t forgetting how common, and “normal” food can be just as exciting as creating some sort of crazy fusion recipe. *smiles*
(This recipe made 2 quesadillas, 5 WW Points Plus per quesadilla)
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free canned refried beans
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 medium uncooked scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- Place pan on burner and allow to warm on medium-low to medium while you prepare the tortilla.
- Divide the beans in half on each tortilla and spread to the outsides (much like putting pizza sauce on a pizza crust).
- Place in pan, bean side up, and sprinkle 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the jalapeno, 1/2 the scallion, and 1/2 the cilantro evenly on top.
- Allow to stay in the pan until the cheese just begins to melt towards the center. The outsides will already appear melted. Maybe 5 minutes? Just keep an eye on it.
- Then fold in half and leave in pan for about another minute. Remove from pan and serve. I didn’t cut these in slices. They were easy to eat all in one piece so you didn’t lose any of the insides if you were to cut them in slices.