If you’re like most people, they’ve never tasted Baklava. It’s one of my favorites, and I am slowly working up to making a full-fledged batch like the classic Greek recipe. But, until then I have found a delightful little taste that will suit me just fine, Baklava Bites. Made with phyllo pastry shells that come already premade, you can’t go wrong! They didn’t last long on the table either. Enjoy!
I added little tidbits for this super simple recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped (I bought the bag of finely chopped walnuts)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 60 miniature phyllo cups (This would be the equivalent of 4 of those frozen boxes.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, add walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves and pulse to combine. Spoon 1 teaspoon of nut mixture into each cup. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, sugar, honey and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool slightly and pour a teaspoon of warm syrup over each cup.
- Refrigerate cups for 4 to 5 hours, then bring to room temperature (about 15 minutes) before serving. You will notice that some of the syrup will leak out the bottom. This just gives it that authentic messy goodness that Baklava should have.