I bought new bowls that I thought would look great with my food. Ok, to be honest, they were on clearance at Target. They just happened to match my onyx dishes. So, Sunday night, I put together another Chicken Pepper Pie to be featured in my new bowls…
I seriously just throw stuff together for these chicken pies. We had company over, and I though it would make a nice dinner. What’s nice about the way I prepare it…is you can taste it before you put it in the crust because the inside is completely cooked before baking. A Chicken Pie is such an easy moldable Southern dish. Use your imagination. The guest Sunday night said this should be called Chicken POP Pie…It has a nice peppery pop…
Chicken Pop Pie
- 1 medium onion
- 2 jalapeno
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can cream of celery
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- refrigerated pie crusts (a box usually comes with 2 rolled up crusts)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Saute all vegetables together until softened.
- Add cubed chicken, and saute until cooked
- Stir in the soups, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lay a pie crust in the bottom of a 9×13 pan and sprinkle a little cheese on top of the crust
- Pour chicken mixture on top of the bottom crust.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top of the mixture and top with second pie crust. As I have mentioned before, I tear my pie crusts into pieces and lay them on top sporadically.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top crust is golden brown. Everything is already cooked, so all you are waiting on is the browning of the crust.