No, I’m not calling you guys dummies. I am simply using this as a reference to say that I think this is one of the easiest soups I have ever put together. I can’t begin to even tell you how easy it is to make. Let’s just put it this way….EASY! You can adjust the spices to your palate. If you want it spicier, make it spicier. If you want it more mild, by all means, make it milder. You are in control of the outcome of this soup.
- 1 can of Rotel (I use Original, you can use Mild if you want)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 pack of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 pack of Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef, ground turkey, or cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast (your choice of meat)
- Brown your meat with the onion in a pan on the stove.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours. Granted, temperatures can vary from different slow cookers. So, use the best setting you feel…all the ingredients are cooked when they are combined. Your goal is to get it simmering on the edges and for all of the flavors to meld.
- Serve in a bowl with cheese and sour cream for topping and tortilla chips for dipping! Yum!
Love Taco Soup!
Me too, Mom! Thank you to you guys for introducing us to it! Love you!
Taco Soup is so much fun to make!
Yes it is. I love to play with the spices and ramp the heat up a bit if needed.