A little break is always needed with all of the richness that comes along with Nutella dishes. With all of the abundance of Nutella dishes, I had to have something meaty, something light, something crispy, and something cheesy (of course!).
The items that were non-Nutella were a 7-Layer Salad courtesy of a very loving Maw-Maw, cocktail Shrimp, cheese cubes and crackers, celery, grape tomatoes, carrots, ranch dip, Bavarian Meatballs and jalapeno pretzel bites.
Everything was basic, except for the 7-Layer Salad that Maw-Maw made me for the party. A lot of guests were wanting the recipe. So, here it is…Enjoy!
She served it in a trifle dish, and made it kind of a 14-Layer Salad. This way there was dressing half-way down as well, and you could get a bit of everything. I have a very clever Maw-Maw!
7-Layer Salad courtesy of Maw-Maw
- 1 head of lettuce (She used Romaine)
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Spring onions to taste
- Grated or thin sliced carrots
- 3 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 can of Little Green Peas, drained (can use 10 oz. frozen,uncooked,thawed,drained)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Little milk (about 2 tbsp.)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Prepare salad in a large bowl.
- Add ingredients, one at a time as listed above each in a separate layer
- Do not toss!
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, and milk
- Spread on top, then sprinkle cheeses and bacon bits on top
- Cover tightly and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Can substitute any different vegetables if you would like.
- 1 bottle of beer (We have grown to enjoy using Yuengling with these.)
- 1 pack of Meatballs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
Simmer together in a crock pot on high for 2 hours. Enjoy!