Nothing soothes the soul better than good ol’ Chicken Noodle Soup…wait…what did you say? Someone already made that publicly known?….with a book? Darn, I thought I was on to something…oh well…a book doesn’t taste this good though…*smiles*
I have been feeling a bit under the weather the past couple of days, maybe more so today than any other day lately. I determined it was time to try my pot at homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Nope, never made it. Nope, not going by a recipe. In this instance, this was perfectly fine, because the end product was so delicious. It was easy and made my throat feel so much smoother. Do give it a try!
Doesn’t Chicken Noodle Soup remind you of Mom? It gives you another warm and fuzzy moment to make you feel better.
Chicken Noodling Soup for the Soul
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 can of sliced carrots
- 5 celery stalks (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 tbls minced garlic or 5 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 shallot, chopped or half of a medium yellow onion, chopped (I could have used more shallot, but this worked out ok for this time.)
- 2 tbls of EVOO
- 2 cups dry Rigatoni noodles
- 2 cartons of Fat-Free, Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth (each carton is 32 ounces)
- Seasonings to taste (I used Smoked Paprika, Red and Black Pepper, Cayenne, and Sea Salt.)
- Sauté chicken, celery, shallot, and EVOO together until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add the carrots.
- Next, pour in the two containers of broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, add the noodles and continue to boil until the noodles are cooked al dente, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve with your favorite bread (I served ours with Flax Seed Whole Grain Bread slathered with Brummel and Brown, a little garlic powder and parmesan cheese). Enjoy!
Late night blogging, I see.
The Morning Star chicken strips can be used in this recipe to make it vegetarian, as the ones I’ve had were perfect for a boiled chicken consistency.
Nah, I enjoy being in bed earlier. I am, however enjoying the beauty of scheduling my posts…. The hub did ask what kind of chicken was in there…I guess we have been doing so much vegetarian lately, it was funny when I replied chicken. :)
Your right!! Chicken Noodle soup does remind me of my mother. Gosh .. she would make the best soup, the house would smell amazing for hours. Great post, great soup
Thanks! The house did smell great, I am sure. Unfortunately, my sense of smell has been affected with this cold….ugh. Oh well, I’ll just have to make it again! Anything that reminds me of Mom is definitely worth making! What would your Mom do different in her soup?
Hope you feel better! Chicken Noodle soup is good anytime and this looks delicious.