Well, if you did…It’s not a big deal. There’s always today. *smiles*
It seems that we have become – or have always been – a cheese loving world. There are days all around to celebrate cheese. See below for a list I found through this site…(Disclaimer: Some of these are quite wacky, and I’m not sure how in stone they are.)
- National Cheese Lover’s Day – January 20th
- Cream Cheese Brownie Day – February 10th – Yum!
- National Cheese Doodle Day – March 5th – Cartman said it best…“I love Cheesy Poofs, you love Cheesy Poofs. If we didn’t eat Cheesy Poofs, we’d be lame. I’m talkin’ Night-Court-in-it’s-fifth-season lame-aaaahh!”
- National Cheeseball Day – April 7th – I have a delightful chocolate chip cream cheese ball recipe I need to share with you guys!
- National Cheese Fondue Day – April 11th – Still haven’t explored fondue to it’s fullest. Note to self: Do this!
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day – April 12th – Ummm….yeah…don’t need a holiday for this one. *smiles*
- National Cheese Souffle Day – May 18th
- National Dairy Month – June – Moooooooooooooooo!
- National Cheese Day – June 4th
- Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day – July 29th – Curious what this is too??? Check out this post from Sandwich Lover’s Club for more details.
- National Cheesecake Day – July 30th – There are multiple cheesecake flavor days throughout the year.
- Moldy Cheese Day – October 9th – Ummmmm….ok.
My point being, there are many cheese holidays out there. But, to the true cheese lover…do we really need a holiday? It begs a questions that I side with whole-heartedly….Why wait until a holiday to truly enjoy the foods that we love?
Whether enjoying wine, cheese, oreos, ice cream, butter, steak, bacon, etc….. Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today? Hehe, like how I spun the ol’ slogan for getting work done to focus on food? *smiles*
So, yes, thanks to Tillamook Cheese for reminding me that June 4th is National Cheese Day. I needed a highlight to the day, and what better highlight than CHEESE! Just as Tillamook Cheese states in regards to this holiday… “But who needs an official holiday to tell them when to eat cheese, right? It’s not like I only eat jelly beans on Easter or Apple Pie on the 4th of July. Regardless, I do plan on eating one of my favorite cheeses today and celebrating the fact that Tillamook has been making it for over 100 years.”
I celebrated National Cheese Day, and I celebrated it with my last baby loaf of Tillamook Cheese – Tillamook Vintage White, Smoked Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, aged over 2 years (Are you drooling yet?) Talk about mouth-wateringly rich! This cheese is beautiful, and there is a reason that Tillamook has been making cheese for over 100 years. Cheers on National Cheese Day to a farmer-owned company with fabulous product!
In closing, don’t wait to enjoy the beauty of the foods around you. If you miss a holiday, it’s ok…just eat it the day after. I’ll never tell.