This simple and delicious recipe doesn’t need much introduction. You all know by now how much I love Tay’s BBQ Sauce, and I love supporting good local people and products. So, of course I used Tay’s with this recipe. However, feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce. And, if you need or want to try some Tay’s, I’ll direct you how to obtain a bottle….just let me know! *smiles*
BBQ Cornbread Goodness
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Tay’s BBQ Sauce (or your favorite)
- 1 box corn muffin/cornbread mix (and ingredients needed for the preparation of your chosen mix)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- Place chicken breasts and BBQ sauce in your crockpot, and cook for 10 or so hours. This works out perfect for me since I work 10-hour days.
- When ready for dinner, dice the pepper into small pieces.
- Mix up the corn muffin/cornbread mix according to directions on package, and mix in the diced pepper.
- Pour mix into baking dish and bake according to package directions.
- While baking the cornbread, reach your tongs into the crock pot and begin to pull apart the chicken so it shreds. This way you can get all of the juicy goodness of the sauce on every savory morsel of chicken before serving. Yum!
- When serving, place a square of cornbread on the bottom, and place a decent portion of the chicken on top.
This is giong to be my fathers day dinner!
I know you enjoyed it! Glad u tried it!
Oh I love cornbread and I love BBQ, great pairing.
Thank you! You should certainly try it! Thanks for stopping by. :)