What more could you ask for in a good hearty quiche. Not to mention….I used Paula Deen’s base of her quiche to create the egg-mixture. Can we say “Alright ya’ll” all-together now? *smiles*
This has to be one of the best things I think I have ever made. It had such a richness to it. It was full of flavor. The ingredients I chose worked so well together. If you don’t do anything but look at the pictures for this post, I encourage you to send this recipe to someone that you know loves Quiche.
Ya know, Quiche was something that made me seem like an odd kid in school growing up. I was always the kid that bought the Quiche and the Egg-Salad from the Lunch Lady. It was some of the best Quiche ever. I remember a few times getting picked on for eating the Quiche. But, those idiot juveniles didn’t know what they were missing. *smiles*
I remember quite a few Quiche’s growing up. Mom was and still is an amazing cook. She really truly is. She must have done something right to have a kid that has loved Quiche from the get-go. *wink*
Now, it seems the Quiche torch has been passed to myself. I gladly take it and burn it bright, Mom! No more restaurant Quiche for me…or you if you try this recipe! Enjoy!
The Onyx Plate’s Delicious Quiche
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 spinach, chopped (I used fresh so there wasn’t any extra water from the frozen packages.)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 package of bacon, cooked (I tore each slice into thirds while it was raw, and cooked it in my skillet until it was nice and crisp.)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend of cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 8-inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Layer spinach, tomatoes, onions, cooked bacon, and cheese in your pie crust.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour egg mixture on top of your layered goodies. I shimmied mine a few times to get any air bubbles out to fit all of the egg mixture in the pie crust.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until when you jiggle it, it no longer jiggles. *smiles*
- Serve and enjoy!