Gosh, lately it seems I have been on a sugar kick. Maybe it’s just that I have been exploring the depths of the old cookbooks I have around my house. Those tend to have a lot of sweets in them. Rest assured that I have been sharing these items as much as possible with others so that I am not stuck consuming the calories alone. *smiles* I have goals people, and I am going to meet them! So on to the cookies…..*hehe*
You may have read about our dear family friend, Peggy, before with my post Little Tastes of Remembrance. If you haven’t read this post, I encourage you to take a moment and read it. Peggy was known as the “Cookie Lady” around town, and I am going to attempt a few of her cookie recipes. Although, I find the title “Cookie Monster” much more appealing and this is what my cookie posts will become know as.
There is one recipe that I have not quite mustered the confidence to attempt. These are the coveted Lace Cookies. There are so many stipulations to when and how to make them. It’s ridiculous. Oh, but it yields such a delightfully light cookie. Mmmmm…. Once I can accomplish those, I will feel ultra confident in my cookie abilities. Until then, I want YOU to try these super delicious cookies below! Enjoy!
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies (say that three times fast)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chunked semisweet chocolate (I used morsels)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the corn syrup, water and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir this into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop by 1/4 cup fulls, 3 inches apart on parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to a rack to cool completely.
I certainly couldn’t resist the urge to make a real “Cookie Monster”….
I am waiting on mine – I have milk already……
Sure do miss Peggy!
I miss her too! I’m sure Maw-Maw really misses her. She said the other day that it’s been a year now since she’s been gone. :(
WOW, I want the big cookie.
I wish I still had them! Must make another batch. Everyone was asking where theirs was. :)