Yay! Alan with 100.3 The Buzz called and said my tickets were in for the concert! So excited! I figure I’ll head up there next week during the rest of my vacation and pick them up. I’m serious. I can’t wait! *huge smiles*
For the post this week, I wanted to talk briefly about the “dream” and the road of sacrifices we go on to achieve it. There is this YouTube video, that you can find the link to below, where Dave Grohl talks about the beginnings and how they only had $7 per diem. They would make “bag salads” in order to save money. I know in the last post I talked about budgets, well this time I’m talking about sacrifices for the greater you. This is what the Foo Fighters had to do to make their dreams come true. Granted, there were a lot of steps along the way, but there were small sacrifices here and there that they had to make.
Now, I’m sure that they didn’t mind the yummy salads (a head of lettuce, cheapest salad dressing one could find, and a stolen carrot). Personally, I adore salads. A good fresh salad never hurt a soul….maybe the extra fiber from the lettuce hurt a tummy or two, but that’s not what we’re talking about. *smiles* With the many sacrifices we make throughout our day, whether it’s a sacrifice to get ahead in our own world, a sacrifice for your children’s health and well-being, a sacrifice to where you are putting yourself on the back burner for a little bit. Regardless of the sacrifice, we are making it for a purpose….for the greater future ahead of us.
We all have to start somewhere. Going back to school, purchasing something for a beginning, having faith in the universe, or just plain believing in yourself…it’s all a part of the greater picture.
So, whether it’s ramen or bag salads, we all make sacrifices for our brighter tomorrow…What’s your sacrifice?
This week’s “Will Cook for Foo” comes from their song Learn to Fly.
The selected lyric was “Fly along with me, I can’t quite make it alone. Try to make this life my own.”
My Twitter update “@foofighters Fly along to me, I can’t quite make it alone. Try to make it to my house for me to cook for you!”
Next step for you, take a second and enjoy the song…Click here for the humorous video to the song “Learn to Fly” video.
Find the previous “Will Cook for Foo” posts by clicking here.
See the Foo Fighters video on Bag Salads by clicking here.
- 1 head of lettuce of choice (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and chopped into bite-size pieces…I used 4 Poblanos and 4 California Wonder Bell Peppers out of the garden.)
- 1/4 of small yellow or red onion (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1 to 4 chicken breasts (prepared the way you like, grilled, baked, etc.)
- 4 pieces of BACON (YUM!!! chopped into bite-sized pieces) (FYI: Today was International Bacon day!!! *super duper big smiles*)
- Shredded cheese of choice
- Your favorite salad dressing (I used Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing.)
- Combine lettuce, peppers, and onion into a large Ziploc bag.
- Add your dressing (as much as you would like) to the bag, and SHAKE!
- Empty bag into the selected plates and top with the cheese, bacon, and grilled chicken.