For Christmas Eve with my family, I decided to have a Popcorn Bar with different selections of seasoned popcorns. I, being the stellar daughter that I am, had to call Mom and make sure she had her braces off so she could enjoy the selection. Needless to say…they have been off for a few years. Oops. *smiles*
I had all of the recipes selected and saved to my favorites online, and then the hub decides to hook up the Xbox to the wireless internet the day before…guess who loses internet connection for a couple days because someone changed something on the router settings??? Needless to say, I had to wing it.
To make it easier, I used microwaved popcorn bags (come on folks, you know I take the easy way out when I can…especially on rushed holidays). I ended up with these five mixes….what they are called is what is on them….
- Butter White Cheddar
- Parmesan Garlic Sea Salt
- Cajun Red Pepper Parmesan
- Cinnamon Sugar Butter (this was Mom’s favorite)
- Chocolate Marshmallow! YUM!
The Chocolate Marshmallow was pretty interesting, and was the most involved to make because of the oven time. However….still SUPER EASY and DELICIOUS!
Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn
- 3 Milk Chocolate Hershey Candy Bars (Go bold if you want Dark Chocolate…your choice!)
- 1 cup (or more *smiles*) mini marshmallows
- 1 family size bag of popcorn
- Pop the popcorn according to package directions.
- Poor popcorn in a pan and break the chocolate bar in pieces on top of the popcorn, and sprinkle the marshmallows on top.
- Place in the oven at 325 degrees and watch until the chocolate melts a bit.
- Pull out of the oven and stir together. It will slightly be like a Rice Krispies Treat sticky, but I pulled them all apart so they didn’t clump together.
- Lay out on a piece of wax paper to air dry a bit or serve immediately. I let mine lie out on the paper for a bit over an hour so the marshmallow and chocolate wouldn’t be so messy. Enjoy!
Now to put down the leftover marshmallows in the bag beside me before I eat them all. They are fat free though….isn’t that alright? *wink*
You know who is the NUMBER ONE FAN of popcorn don’t you!! Thank you for the wonderful popcorn buffet! Loved the Cinnamon Sugar, although they were alll good! Who wouldn’t love popcorn??
I agree! It’s beautiful stuff! :) Made just for you!
Oh, YES, ma’am, that sounds just about right. I’ve wanted to try various kinds of popcorn for a while now, but it always breaks off and gets stuck under my tongue or in the back of my throat in a painful sort of way.
I can dream, can’t it? This would make an excellent New Year’s Day snack, too, and perfect for any movie night!
Ooooo, New Year’s snack! You’re so full of great ideas! :) Dream away, just don’t hurt yourself. :)