Wow! It’s been a little bit of time since we’ve had a Sundays with Friends to post (so send me more to firstname.lastname@example.org *wink*)…and there’s no better way to bring it back than with a Triple-layer GODIVA Dream Cheesecake. Yes….I said GODIVA! This post comes to us from Dannie, a new friend and long-time fan of The Onyx Plate. He seems to be as sweet as this cheesecake probably is. His main comment is that he went by the directions exactly, and it all turned out perfect. See, some recipes don’t need altering when they’re already perfect. *smiles*
Thank you, Dannie, for sending this one in, along with the pictures! I can’t wait to try it! Welcome to The Onyx Plate family!
The first time that I met Chad, I made a white chocolate cheesecake, and the other day he said that I haven’t made him one since. Well both of us love Godiva, and I have been looking for something new to cook and found this recipe. The only thing that I will say about it, if you don’t have the callets, just go to the store and buy the bars and use them. They work just as great and make it really good!
Yield: 14 servings
Preparation: 2 hours plus chilling overnight
Special Equipment: 9″ springform pan
- 2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (2-8 ounce packages)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3 ounces GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets (these appear to be their version of large chocolate morsels)
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream, divided
- 1/3 firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 finely chopped pecans 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
GODIVA Dark Chocolate Dream Glaze:
- 6 ounces GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup white sugar, and butter. After thoroughly mixing, place into 9” springform pan and press firmly into bottom and up the sides. In one bowl, combine 8 ounces cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar together; blend well with mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, melted GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets, and 1/3 cup sour cream. Mix the two bowls together and blend well. Spoon evenly over chocolate graham cracker crust.
- Combine the last 8-ounce package of cream cheese in a bowl with the brown sugar and flour; beat until the mixture is fluffy. In a separate bowl blend together 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and finely chopped pecans. Mix the two bowls together and blend well. Spoon over the chocolate layer of cheese cake in the springform pan.
- To create the final layer, combine 5 ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar; beat until well mixed. Add the remaining egg to the mixture and beat again. Stir in 1 cup of sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and the almond extract. When all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, add to the pecan layer of cheesecake. Bake in the preheated over for 1 hour. Let cool for 1 hour on wire rack.
- To make the GODIVA Dark Chocolate Dream Glaze, combine the GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets and butter in a double boiler. Bring the water to a boil, and reduce the heat to medium. Begin to stir the GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets and the butter until smooth, in order to prevent burning. Remove from the heat. In a separate large bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Once thoroughly mixed, add the melted chocolate mixture, and stir until smooth. After the cake is completely chilled (4-6 hours), spread the warm chocolate glaze over the cheesecake.
Find the above recipe at it’s original location by clicking here to be redirected to the Godiva Chocolate website. *drool*