Happy Valentine’s Day weekend, everyone!
I don’t know about you guys, but I enjoy a simple Saturday. You work all week, and sometimes it’s just nice to do something for yourself…relax. *relaxing sigh*
Along with relaxing Saturdays comes relaxing food. I’m not the one that enjoys a lot of food prep on Saturdays for lunch, but I do enjoy a tasty meal…with minimal food prep.
Today, I made Veggie Quesadillas. This isn’t like crazy-stuffed veggie quesadillas with everything under the sun…it’s simple. Remember what I said about relaxing?
It was a great combination, and it is quite a common combination. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t forgetting how common, and “normal” food can be just as exciting as creating some sort of crazy fusion recipe. *smiles*
Simple Savory Saturday Veggie Quesadilla
(This recipe made 2 quesadillas, 5 WW Points Plus per quesadilla)
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free canned refried beans
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 medium uncooked scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- Place pan on burner and allow to warm on medium-low to medium while you prepare the tortilla.
- Divide the beans in half on each tortilla and spread to the outsides (much like putting pizza sauce on a pizza crust).
- Place in pan, bean side up, and sprinkle 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the jalapeno, 1/2 the scallion, and 1/2 the cilantro evenly on top.
- Allow to stay in the pan until the cheese just begins to melt towards the center. The outsides will already appear melted. Maybe 5 minutes? Just keep an eye on it.
- Then fold in half and leave in pan for about another minute. Remove from pan and serve. I didn’t cut these in slices. They were easy to eat all in one piece so you didn’t lose any of the insides if you were to cut them in slices.
Yummmmm….looks good! Happy early Valentine’s Day to you!
They’re soooo cute and sound do delicious! Actually, the folding-over reminds me of soft tacos and how they should really be. I’m not a fan of crunchy tacos, so soft tacos and quesadillas make me a very happy panda indeed!
Thanks for stopping by and linking up at Foodie Friends Friday! Be sure to tell all your friends about our party at http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com Your recipe looks delish and so easy too. Love it