I posted this to The Onyx Plate’s FB page last night, but just in case you are not following me on Facebook (which you need to *wink*), I wanted to make sure you were able to see it. In true Onyx Plate loving style…I ended up with heart shaped Pecan Peanut Butter Waffles topped with local strawberries and pecans. The strawberries were frozen from last year’s crop that Mom and I picked, and the pecans are from family friends.
You can see the post about picking Strawberries at Apples Farm here in Gibsonville, NC, by clicking here.
This wasn’t difficult at all to whip these up using a Waffle Mix. If you didn’t want to use a mix, you can use the most amazing Peanut Butter Pancake recipe by clicking here, and use that recipe to make your waffles.
On hand, as always, was my Lowe’s Foods brand Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix. This is one of the best tasting mixes that I have ever come across. Lowe’s Foods brand items really are good quality if you haven’t tried them yet. On to the recipe! *smiles*
Pecan Peanut Butter Waffles
- Your favorite Waffle Mix (my mix called for 2 cups of mix if you want to gauge the portions)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- crushed strawberries
- Prepare the waffle mix as directed on box.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the pecans and all of the peanut butter. To match the original consistency of the plain waffle mix, after adding the PB I added about a 1/4 cup more of water to thin it back out.
- Cook in the waffle maker, remove, and top with strawberries and pecans. Enjoy!