World Nutella Day, Feb 5th…Say Whaaaaat???

World Nutella Day – February 5, 2011

I can’t wait!!!  I decided yesterday to do a World Nutella Day Party to celebrate the wonders and versatility of my friend, Nutella.  The ideas are flooding into my head, to the point I feel it’s going to explode with Nutella goodness overload!  So, this is just to advise you to be on the lookout for amazing things to come…involving NUTELLA!!!

If you haven’t experienced Nutella yet, purchase a wonderful jar today in your local grocery store.  Should be hanging out near my other friend, Peanut Butter…..

Click here for FAQ’s from the Nutella USA website.

From NutellaUSA.com: “Nutella® spread, in its earliest form, was created in the 1940s by Mr. Pietro Ferrero, a pastry maker and founder of the Ferrero company. At the time, there was very little chocolate because cocoa was in short supply due to World War II rationing.  So Mr. Ferrero used hazelnuts, which are plentiful in the Piedmont region of Italy (northwest), to extend the chocolate supply.”

Check out a ton of Nutella recipes here on NutellaDay.com.  Some of which I will be making for the party!  Still so excited about the planning!!!

Yes, as referenced above, there is a World Nutella Day website that explains the beginnings of World Nutella Day.  Check it out here.

As I leave you, please consider trying Nutella.  If you didn’t know…those perfect little gold balled truffles called Ferrero Rocher’s are filled with delicious Nutella.  So, maybe you have had Nutella before and didn’t even know it!  Amazing, eh?

The picture is from a little appetizer I put together a while back…slices of Banana, Nutella (of course), and chopped Hazelnuts sprinkled on top.  Yummmmmm…

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

195 Comments Add yours

1. Yes, it really does taste just like chocolate! How amazing!

1. Definitely good stuff!

2. BernieLuvsEllen says:

This is amazing and brilliantly terrific! I love Nutella! I just wish it was less expensive!

2. Never tried Nutella personally, but chocolate with — um, anything — sounds good!

Seriously: add some chocolate to cukes, garlic, toe nail clippings… (well, maybe not that one…), and you’ve got something YUMMY!

;)

1. makingup3000 says:

LOL that was too funny!!!!

3. May have to try this now! But I have to admit the commercials make them seem less than appetizing …

4. auntbethany says:

There’s Nutella in Ferraro Rocher?!?!? Oh..my…God! I never knew that! And I love Nutella! I fell in love with it when I went to Italy for the first time….what do you know?!? Holy cow!

Great post…kudos on being FP!

1. marieclaus says:

ah same here ! surprising to know that the filling in ferraro is nutella…! woah !

2. Whoa…That stuff inside Ferrero Rochers is actually Nutella? That’s mind blowing…

5. 4myskin says:

Oh I <3 Nutella! Feb. 5th you say? I will have to celebrate!!! :D

1. stuckinmypedals says:

I’m so glad you let us know about this very important holiday. I love pretzel sticks dipped in Nutella. I imagine a little pretzel on the banana slices you made would be just divine. Mmmmmm…

6. runtobefit says:

Great!!! Now I want to go and buy some!! Do you realize I am going to have to run even further now!!

7. J Roycroft says:

Nutela, good stuff and a good blog. Congrats on FP

8. I WELCOME World Nutella Day: at least on the 5th February I won’t feel guilty for slathering it all over my croissants in the morning (although I might try to be more adventurous!)

9. musingsofamusiclover says:

I loved Nutella as a little kid. Unfortunately, I can’t have it anymore since I’m now allergic to hazelnuts, but I’ll always have fond memories of eating it!

10. thehieron says:

You are making me hungry all over again!!!
    MMMMmmmmmmmmm………………………………………………………..

!

11. Mikayla says:

ATTENDING! I MUST ATTEND THIS!

12. postadaychallenge2011 says:

Amazing, beautiful a cake that looks “too good” to even bit into. It’s an “art piece.”

13. Yay! I love Nutella! It’s about time we had a day to celebrate it.

14. My Italian husband introduced me to nutella and I’ve been hooked ever since. In fact, before even reading this blog, I spread some on toast as a snack – must be karma!

15. Marvi Marti says:

I LOVE Nutella!!!! I cannot wait, I didn’t know there was a holiday for it!!! :)

16. Margie says:

I don’t bother putting it on anything. I just eat it out of the jar with a spoon. Saves a lot of time and effort.

17. enjoibeing says:

I LOVE NUTELLA! peanut and nutella shake is by far one of the best shakes ever

1. Smez says:

Yum, that shake sounds like a great idea! Good thing Nutella Day is on a Saturday…more time to celebrate. :) I’ll probably make my own Ferrero Rochers. Tasty, but messy!

1. Kudos to you for making truffles! Enjoy!

18. humanitarikim says:

World Nutella Day is the best day ever.

19. Sounds great! Can I come round for coffee or dinner taht day, please?

20. I am going to share Nutella with the world on Feb 5th!

21. I used to work with a girl (who was French) who loved Nutella. So one day I called the “questions & comments” 800 number on the jar and left a message in a French accent with her name and phone number about how much I loved Nutella. They never called her back.

22. J says:

WOW that look ssooooo gggoooooddd,Sounds like you are a good friend:) http://www.copperetiquette.wordpress.com

23. I tried Nutella a few months ago and LOVED IT! And when I told some of my friends about Ferrero Rocher they were surprised that it had Nutella…just spreading the word.

24. Thank you for explaining Nutella. Interesting to know they put it in candy, that ought to encourage the skeptical to try it. :)

25. I think my head just exploded at the thought of a Nutella day. Great post, wonderful pictures, where is my jar of Nutella?

26. Even though I love me some Nutella, why in the world is there a Nutella day??…LOL! My favorite kind of Nutella is the kind thy put in gelato in Italy….

27. one of my favorite dessert places in NYC serves Nutella doughnuts; heavenly light and yeilding dough, filled with piping hot Nutella, and coated in fine granulated sugar… Simply amazing stuff!

28. Belvedere says:

Nutella tastes so good that it should really be considered candy. I think it’s pretty funny that the commercial shows a mother feeding her kids Nutella and rationalizing that it’s good for them.

29. wolke205 says:

OMG I am so addicted to Nutella! Let s celebrate this wonderful Nutella Day then :D Thanks for this post!

30. Lindsay says:

Yay for nutella! I eat it by the spoonful!

31. annie2709 says:

wheeeeeew – i grew up with nutella (i’m german) – and the first time my sweetheart (he’s american) saw that , he called me crazy eating choc on bread – though it’s not choc. guess it’s our equivalent to peanut butter. by the way: it tastes gorgeous together with peanut butter :D

32. Omy WOW!!! hahaha I didn’t even know about this~how strange of a day, yet so yummilicious! My friend Liz will FLIP if I tell her this, esp. since her fave chocolate is Ferrero Rocher. Hmmmmm don’t know if I’m ready to see her meltdown(in a good way). You know what! Nutella would go great with some sort of stuffed french toast theme! I’m on it. :)

33. CrystalSpins says:

I had no idea something as glorious as World Nutella Day existed. Brilliant!

Crystal

34. Young1 says:

This is a nice little dose of good news and is going onto my calendar and my diary! A little bit of indulgence never hurt and on this day i will be taking part in such indulgence to the maximum!

i wonder if there will be a World Marmite day! To many Nutella is much like Marmite – you either love it or hate it!
    To me i love both and Nutella is like Ferrero Rocher in a jar! Lush!!

Enjoy!

35. laavventura says:

Wow … someone else shares my perverse love of Nutella! Oh the chocolaty goodness!! Great post!!! Ill be back for more lick smacking goodness.

36. 3 words: I. Love. Nutella.

Honestly, I eat it right out of the jar with a spoon…sounds disgusting, but is the most glorious experience ever!

Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed! :)

37. mairzeebp says:

Nutella is heaven on earth. I find myself a little sadder on days when I don’t have at least a small spoonful! World Nutella Day will be going on the calendar and in my blackberry and posted on the fridge. I may even take the day off from work. Thank you for the heads up!

38. Great photos. I’ve only had nutella on toast but I was hooked. A friend of mine makes fried banana and nutella sandwiches for her kids. Congrats on being Freshly Pressed! :)

39. Lakia Gordon says:

I haven’t tried this yet, but I heard their products were pretty good!

40. i am so angry at myself for snacking BEFORE i read this post, because now im freaking hungry again even though i shouldnt be. well done…

41. See, I told you your blog was great! And you have all these great comments and views on here, woohoo! Go blogging! Three cheers for The Onyx Plate!

42. Pingback: sarahhugh27
  43. these pictures are ridiculous! i need me some nutella :)

44. Ranndomized says:

LOL, your post was just what I needed to perk me up! I have a jar of Nutella (the big one!) in my pantry; when I have a chocolate craving, I bust out the teaspoon… is that wrong? Who cares – it’s Nutella!

:-D

45. Mh I love nutella… those pics do look delicious also!

46. makingup3000 says:

OK I’ll try the banana and Nutella. That looks great!!!

47. giles snyder says:

World Nutella day?? Consider my calendar marked! My wife and I discovered Nutelle about ten years ago. Don’t tell a anyone but we like to eat it by the spoonful>

48. ziolele says:

World Nutella Day ? Coooool I’m in !

49. Mihaela says:

I simply ADORE Nutella.It represents my Xanax.Two spoons of Nutella and I forget about problems.Thank you for apreciating it so much.It deserves!

50. Noelle says:

*nutellaswoon*

51. royceehall says:

World Nutella Day?!?!?! Thank you so much for informing me!!!

52. whenquiet says:

Hi! ! We sell Monchiero wine, Alba honey and Ravera chocolate from Piedmont Italy in our Italian specialty shop in Basel. Ain’t nothin’ like baking a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies using Ravera Chocolate with Alsace walnuts. But I must admit, my husband makes a super vanilla ice cream sundae with banana slices and melted nutella. Congrats!

53. kingkabuz says:

hahaha! wow, that looks almost deadly. nomnomnom.

54. Sam says:

Nutella used be a huge treat in our family, whenever we would go to grandma’s for the day she would always give us Nutella sandwiches or some beautiful Nutella creation. Since I’ve gotten older I’ve forgotten about it…but I wont forget about this exciting day!

55. Riccardo says:

My goodness!! I love nutella! banana and nutella pancake it’s my favorite breakfast! http://rinalditrade.com/

56. mama66 says:

The ultimate of course is a butter and nutella CREPE!! Heaven. Add some bananas and I’m done! ;) Enjoy your party!

57. Modern Funk says:

Awesome! I guess that means I can eat an entire jar (the new, bigger size, of course!) with no guilt or remorse on February 5th? Fabulous!

58. mexicrave says:

Nutella for breakfast, Nutella for lunch, Nutella for dinner. Love it!

59. I just discovered this amazing stuff.

On the back of the jar, it says something about Nutella being part of a healthy breakfast, you know, along with the toast and orange juice and oatmeal and whatever. I close my eyes and take a leap of faith that this means this stuff is nutritious enough to be a part of my diet along with the broccoli and lentils.

My two oldest daughters recently found an industrial sized jar and will be bringing it back on their next visit, provided, that is, that they don’t open it first.

60. id creative says:

“mampir dan konfirmasi” saya datang negri seberang sana. untuk konfirmasi aja. kalo link blog ini udah aku pasang diblog ku “di widget blogroll pertama” halaman depan. klo berkenan mampir ya liat2 and harapannya linkku juga bisa dipasang diblog ini.
    ni alamat bloku “http://idcreativity.blogspot.com/”.

61. Jessica Y. says:

Delicious! Will definitely (try to) pick some up next time I go to the supermarket. Happy Nutella Day! :)

62. Lisa says:

I love nutella and I totally want to try that appetizer. Now I am super hungry.

63. harpersfarm says:

I once tried to substitute Nutella for peanut butter in a cookie recipe. It didn’t work out very well, but I still get a good laugh about it whenever someone brings it up!! Nutella is great stuff.

64. dearliv says:

My kids and I celebrated National Pie Day on January 23rd. We ate pie for dinner. This is even more exciting. Thank you for posting!

65. leadinglight says:

Nutella beats peanut butter hands down! It’s inteesting about the Ferrero Rocher truffles though. Besides I love hazelnuts – in my chocolate, in my coffee, dry roasted etc.

66. eaglewatch724 says:

Never heard of Nutella Day… im happy it exists now and i will be celebrating on the 5th

67. Jen says:

How awesome! Thank you for posting this, I’ve never heard of Nutella Day. Guess I know what I’ll be posting on my own blog come Feburary 5! :)

68. MJyummymunch says:

Oh I love Nutella! Especially with peanut butter on toast… sounds crazy I know, but it’s sooo good! Thanks for sharing…. MJ :D

69. wanderingseniors says:

I discovered Nutella in Italy 7 years ago. It’s wonderful! I’ll have to think of something to make for Nutella Day. :) Thanks for the post and congrats on being freshly pressed.

70. Nutella really tastes awesome!!! Your friend is definitely delicious (esp. when eaten as it is.)

I’m looking forward to my next nutella experience :)

71. I am love Nutella! I love it on my oatmeal for breakfast : ) I will absolutely be taking part in World Nutella Day!! I’ll find any reason to eat more of this creamy holy grail : )

72. mmmmm nutella!! delicious!! congrats on being freshly pressed! :]

73. drevdhan says:

NUTELLA??? I remember how I craved it back in the days before I turned into a vegan.. oh those cravings… I had 2 full jars stashed in my house, but for the sake of maintaining my vegan lifestyle, I decided to (nearly force fead) it to my brother…. with a ladle (just kidding).

74. I have ALWAYS loved Nutella. Can’t wait until Feb. 5. I guess I could make a lovely cake like yours to get me through the waiting time. :)

75. Jguno says:

Nuuuutella! Wanna go and have them, right now.
    Great post, beautiful pictures, but I’m so hungry now and the pictures are too beautiful……

1. Awww, thanks! I appreciate that!

76. otownmommy says:

Have you been looking over my shoulder? I have been tweeting about Nutella all week! i even blogged about it last night… http://wp.me/p1gLah-2A I love nutella and i look forward to “toasting” it on the 5th

1. Oh wow! I will have to check this out!

77. Asian Dyna says:

Oh dear…that’s it…I’m on my way to the grocery store to get some Nutella.

1. LOL, I’m headed there soon to prepare for the party!

78. Now there’s something worth celebrating. Yay for random days of wonderfulness to get us through February!

79. anonnickus says:

rich

80. jesseandyitsy says:

Nutella Day! Cant wait!

81. psp2 forum says:

In an age where they make a holiday for just about anything, they may as well make one for something delicioius!

82. Thanks for the heads up about World Nutella Day! Everyday should be World Nutella Day.

1. You’re welcome of course!

83. Nothing beats coming home late, grabbing a spoon and lunging it into the Nutella. Way better than ice-cream.

84. I actually don’t care for truffles, so I probably wouldn’t like it, but my kids might! Thanks for the idea.

1. You’re very welcome!

85. A Blogger says:

I am so excited!!! I love nutella and eat it with bananas too… I’m going to have to try sprinkling hazelnuts on top because that sounds delicious. Feb. 5th will simply be an excuse for me to celebrate something I do all the time: eat nutella like it’s a food group :)

1. Absolutely! I’m excited! But, did we really need an excuse??? ;)

86. Nutella Day? I will celebrate indeed…the stuff is so good it would make Homer Simpson give up his donuts!

1. LOL! Yes, a hard thing to do, but I think you are correct!

87. absolutsteph says:

HEAVEN!! Nutella is soooo good! That appetizer you made looks so tempting, and it’s so easy to make! I think I will try out some nutella recipes for a change.

1. Thank you! Yes, very easy to make! Me too!

88. caseymichelle12 says:

i LOVE IT! i cant wait for Nutella Day!

89. inidna says:

You have done an amazing thing by telling us about World Nutella Day and this time I’m finding out BEFORE the event actually happens (Unlike World (…or was it National?) Chocolate Day!) SCORE! That appetizer you made looks scrumpdiddlyumptuous. Yep, that good. It has all the things I love! *drool*

1. Thanks! It was that good, lol! I always find out about food holidays after the fact as well…I feel your pain!

90. madeline900 says:

I Cannot wait! My sister and I are Nutella-crazy!

Love the blog! ;)

1. It’s a good thing to be crazy about! :) Thank you for the compliment!

91. richannkur says:

It looks yummy, I have not tasted it yet. Will bring it on the nutella day now. :)

1. Enjoy! I know you will love it!

92. gidget0728 says:

That appetizer looks fantastic!

1. It was! Thanks! You should definitely try it!

93. mirandalife says:

MY fave way to eat nutella: straight from the jar. It’s just that good!

94. La Y. O. says:

Heey. Congrats for the tasty post! ;) Loved the World Nutella Day, I’m from Brazil, and my blog’s name means frozen nutella! By the way, amazing choice of ingredients, banana and nutella is just terrific! kisses from Brazil!

1. Frozen Nutella? OH wait….frozen Nutella??? That sounds like a great idea! Thank you for the congrats!

95. I’ll never forget when I was first introduced to Nutella, only a few years ago. My neice asked for it on her toast in the morning for Breakfast. I told her, No, you can’t have chocolate….needless to say, she had me read the ingredients and be assurred Nutella is healthier than chocolate. Now, we all eat it, although I still don’t eat it for breakfast, more likely a snack.

1. A delicious snack! :)

96. Adrian says:

LOL this definitely make me chukkle

97. Estelle C. says:

Advance Happy Nutella day!
    Giada loves this soo much!

1. Happy Nutella Day to you as well! I love Giada!

98. kaykay says:

0_0 There are people who ‘have not experienced Nutella’ ?! How do they even LIVE ?

1. Tell me about it! lol

99. Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed. A whole day dedicated to Nutella, wow. It’s great on rice cakes too. :)

1. Thanks! Rice cakes??? Hmmmm….Sounds amazing! Ooooo…what about a caramel rice cake???

100. bookjunkie says:

I am addicted to nutella…wish I could get the authentic version in Singapore. somehow the one sold in USA and Europe tastes better.

1. Does it? What is the difference?

101. Corey Frye says:

Nutella didn’t blip on my radar until I moved to Paris, but glad it did. Europe in general seems to have discovered something the US never has: hazelnuts and chocolate were made for each other! If anyone can get their hands on Kinder products with hazelnuts (noisettes) in them, I highly recommend it also.

1. Thanks for the recommendation! You’re right…perfect couple.

102. terry says:

Keep it up Jennifer and nice blog!

103. kamran says:

salam
    khaste nabashid . man nemidonestam koja baya baratoon peygham bezaram . rastesh man ye dosti daram ke ta 10 rooz dg dare mire sarbazi . khyeli dost dare filme mystic river 2003 ro bebine . manam kheyli dost daram in karo barash bokonam . ama har ja migardam nemitonam peyda konam . age lotf konin man ham addrese linke mostaghimesho mikham ham zir nevisesho . ba tashakor az shoma

104. sepiabrown says:

There is a God!!!

I just fell in love with Nutellla at a friend’s suggestion… I can eat it on just about anything but I prefer to just get a spoon and dig in!!!

I’ll definitely be making nutella crepes or some other recipe.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on being Freshly Pressed.

You have a new subscriber in me :)

1. Try the Sunny Anderson Fake Crepes recipe I featured on here….super good and easy. Thanks! I truly didn’t expect to be Freshly Pressed. :)

105. mayz0519 says:

Great! I love Nutella! :) I would love to try pairing it up with banana! *drooling mode*

1. Need a napkin for the drool? ;)

106. juanita says:

Nuttella! Shut up, pup! I love that stuff.
    Case in approval…
    I have a post on it via my site!
    Nuttella.
    Who says food isn’t ressicession-proof!

107. juanita says:

Iove Nutella!
    There’s a post-poem of on my blog!

1. I will have to check it out!

108. Omg I’m definitely going to be consuming Nutella on that day. I didn’t know there was such a day so thanks for the info!

1. It’s a great excuse to consume it!

109. jesswords10 says:

Oooh, I tried Nutella for the first time in Italy about 7 years ago. It was delicious. And now, whenever I eat it, it takes me back to mornings of dry bread and coffee before venturing out in Firenze’. Thanks for taking me down memory lane. Would love to hear your nutella recipes, maybe they can make a debut at my Oscar Party!

1. One day I will be able to travel and relate food to places such as this. Sounds lovely! Oh yes, getting my recipes together tonight! Check back and see what I prepared.

110. Nutella is nice, but a much cheaper alternative is ASDA’s Hazelnut Chocolate Spread. Nutella is nice for a treat, though, and those banana things look lovely!

1. Thanks for the cost-saving tip. Thank you! They were delicious!

111. Kari Cross says:

I’ve never had it before….It sounds great and looks amazing! I will for sure be trying it! Thank you.

112. Zach says:

Nothing better than Nutella for breakfast. lol…

1. You can’t really go wrong with that!

113. fatDZ says:

Yummy, first time hearing that there’s actually a world nutella day! Hitting the shelves to get it!

1. Isn’t it great?!?!

114. so tasty pics can i eat this

115. 1smilethai says:

จองตั๋วเครื่องบิน

1. I agree! Did that tonight! Long day. :)

116. Joseph says:

Nutella is good stuff….unfortunately also very expensive stuff……so I only buy it rarely

1. I understand! Luckily, I found it on sale for about a dollar off. But, I agree…kind of pricey.

117. Lisa says:

I just spontaneously bought some nutella because of this post. :)

1. Good! I bought some yesterday preparing for the party! I couldn’t wait to crack it open…no really, I couldn’t wait, just had a spoonful. :)

118. I love nutella stuffed into french toast with banana…. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1. That sounds amazing! I must try that!

119. Simon says:

i love Nutella !
    As a kid we used to get these tiny little plastic tubs of it at the grocery store besides my school.They came with a little spoon but even with the dwarf spoon the little tubs were just never enough and always left you wanting more.

After moving form Europe where Nutella is a nation institution to North America where they pair everything with peanut butter i brought the best of both continents together and now i eat peanut butter and Nutella on toast mmmm its like a melted snicker on toast …try it!

oh and thanks for the info about ferrero roche i never knew it was nutella in there i just knew i liked them :)

1. The toast sounds great! I was just recently introduced to Nutella, as u made the point that we are mostly peanut butter here, :)…fell in love immediately! Happy World Nutella Day!

120. singaporetravelcenter says:

จองตั๋วเครื่องบิน
    UNNECESSARY UPCOMING HOLIDAY: February 5th is World Nutella Day (via The Onyx Plate)! I love excuses to eat anything I shouldn’t actually be

121. Sarah says:

Glad I read about this, in 5 more days it would have been all over!! Roll on World Nutella Day :)

1. Absolutely! Happy World Nutella Day!!!

122. gvipromote says:

ตั๋วเครื่องบินราคาถูก

1. It sure would have been! Enjoy your World Nutella Day!