Well I started thinking after posting tonight’s meal on The Onyx Plate’s Facebook page (that you can find by clicking here) that it wasn’t too fair for me not to provide you with my recipe for Laughing Cow Alfredo. It’s just too good not to try.
This is honestly one of my favorite meals that I prepare. Nothing beats a delicious Alfredo, and even better if it’s semi-healthy. *smiles* I normally top it with sautéed chicken and green onions. I serve it over Raviolis normally. Feel free to doctor it as you wish. Your kitchen, your fun!
So for this short post tonight…I leave you my shining, wonderful recipe. May it lighten up your culinary world and waistline (in more ways than one). *big smiles*
Laughing Cow Alfredo
(I calculated the WW points…4 points per serving, 4 servings)
- 8 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Pasteurized Cheese, Light, Creamy Swiss Flavor
- 2 cups 2% reduced fat milk (Feel free to use skim, 2%, whole, heck, even some heavy cream works great if you’re going for full tasty fat)
- 1 garlic clove (or more depending on your palate)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use a grated Romano and Parmesan mix)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I don’t normally add any, but you might like some. Less salt the better in dishes.)
*Sidenote: This requires a decent amount of stirring, because you don’t want the milk burning or skimming. Don’t leave it unattended for too long.
- Put all ingredients in a pot on the stove, and bring to a simmer. While stirring, try to mush the cheese wedges as you go. Yeah, I know you liked the word mush. *smiles* Sometimes I leave small chunks for a cheesier bite in the end product.
- Stir until it all begins to thicken, and when it reaches the consistency you want, serve up and enjoy!