We all know that craving where we just want bread. Nothing will do, oddly. We also know that awesome chicken recipe called Crack Chicken. It’s ranch and cheesiness all over chicken. Now imagine that in biscuits!
I ran across this recipe while looking at meal planning for the week ahead, but I just couldn’t resist making it that same day. It worked well in the cast iron skillet, and I followed the instructions perfectly (minus the bacon…still out). We had these leftover the next couple days for work snacks, and then for a very ingenious breakfast idea over the weekend, courtesy of the husband.
He decided to make a breakfast casserole using the leftover Crack Biscuits, and a few extra ingredients. You can find the recipe to his casserole, below. It’s AMAZING! I love how he turns into a Chef on the weekends. :)
For the crack biscuits, themselves, check out the recipe link by clicking here. Incredibly good, and is now a keeper in our Keto recipe vault. However, I do think anyone could enjoy this recipe. Enjoy!
Crack Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 of the crack biscuit recipe already prepared
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice, we used cheddar, split into two 1/2 cup portions
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Crumble the leftover biscuits into a large bowl, making sure they are chunky and not too small.
- Fry out the sausage, jalapeno and onion until everything is cooked, and the onions start to caramelize. Once cooked, drain the grease.
- Add the sausage mix to the crumbled biscuits, along with the scrambled eggs and 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Turn over gently to mix.
- Pour into the baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it’s nice and golden on top.
- When done, sprinkle with remaining cheese and put back in the oven for 2 minutes to melt it.
- Slice up and serve. Enjoy!
Random Cat Thought – He’s so sweet looking, but I feel like the eyes are telling me it’s almost time to eat Meowma…